Monday, March 31, 2014

Dandelions and Puddles

So serious.
We are currently three nights into getting Evie to sleep by herself, in her crib, in her own room, for naps and overnight, with no more night feedings. Yikes. She has been sleeping with us and we would give her a bottle when she woke up in the middle of the night. She's doing really well considering what a huge change it is. We feed her and put her in the crib, then sit nearby and ignore her till she goes to sleep. If we leave the room completely right away she freaks out, so that will come next. I'm thinking we might take this opportunity to go down from two naps to one. She has been going to sleep so much easier when she's really tired and the past couple days that hasn't necessarily been at nap time.
Speaking of changes, I started transitioning her from breast milk to regular milk around her birthday. She never got the hang of nursing so I have been exclusively pumping for the last year so that she could still have my milk. As of about a week and a half ago she is only having cow's milk. And I am SO happy to pack up the pump. I added it up and in total I pumped approximately 25 days. Solid. Over the last year. That's a lot. Goodbye pump! Thanks for helping me feed my baby, but I am DONE with you now!
Building more towers
Aunt Meg came to visit and taught Evie the very important business of blowing dandelions.

And today we went for a walk during which I taught Evie about puddle jumping and how fun splashing is. No pictures of that unfortunately, cause we were busy jumping.

Is this the cutest rain coat you've ever seen? From Uncle Julio and Aunt Laura. Me and Evie need to get ourselves some rain boots now.....maybe we should have done that before we went puddle jumping. Ah well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment